Thursday, March 02, 2006

Senior Year

As a senior in college, I am starting to feel a little sentimental about some of my encounters in college. Although it is generally true that I will not miss Davis a whole lot, there is still a lot of things that I will look back on someday and say, "those were the days." Just like high school. Just like childhood memories.

Today was Mike's last engineering lab. (It would be mine too if I decide not to take eec 118 next quarter.) Mike is really an awesome person, in terms of moral, self-discipline, and smarts. Today, we finished Lab 5 early and turned in the lab report. I really enjoyed EEC 112. Even though, like many other classes, we're breezing through it with the help of past year's solutions and such, I really feel like this class is different. I'm actually learning. I really feel like I haven't done enough learning these 4 years. Hopefully I will have some time to catch up.

Something interesting: Most of us, graduating EEs, are frantically job searching. Every one of us is asking one another, "did you get that interview?" "did they ask you these same questions?" "have you heard anything back?" ... it's kindda sad. But, that's life. Graduate. Move on. Get a job. Start a new life. What's really interesting, is to see someone not fall in this trend: Mike Silviera. I had a (somewhat) long conversation with Mike on Tuesday, while we were doing our pre-lab, about life, and plans after college. He's already made some plans. He plans on moving to Texas with his wife (yeah, he married this summer). They plan on leaving California behind with no regrets and start a new life in Texas, whether it be for better or for worse. We're hoping for the best of course. But really, it is adventurous. I kept telling him, "no Asian in the right mind would do that." Anyways, I don't feel like going in details about his reasons and decisions here. I just hope I will keep in touch with Mike. This man is different. He is special. I can see God's plan in him.


May God guide us and lead us in all our pursuits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home